By Apostle Andre Pelser with additional notes on Cyrus and comments from apostle Aje Pelser
Reformation is a PROCESS that INVOLVES the entire Body of Christ in spiritual WAR; redesigning MENTALITIESto seek KINGDOM realities that help us enter new DIMENSIONS of God’s spiritscape where there is a PURIFICATION and MULTIPLICATION of leadership that value INNER realities versus OUTWARD impressiveness; obtaining the power to generate WEALTH to GLOBALIZE the True Church of the Firstborn registered in heaven.
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on themuntil the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come a high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Reformation: G1357 diorthōsis
1) in a physical sense, a making straight, restoring to its natural and normal condition something which in some way protrudes or has got out of line, as broken or misshapen limbs
2) of acts and institutions, reformation
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from a compound of G1223 and a derivative of G3717, meaning to straighten thoroughly
Citing in TDNT: 5:450, 727
Principles of Reform:
1. Enter the process of reformation:
- through a revelation of present truth
- call the old obsolete. Heb 8:13
(ALT) By the saying “new,” He has made the first obsolete. Now the one becoming obsolete and growing old [is] on the verge of disappearing.
Obsolete: “disused, discarded, antiquated, of the nature of a relic.”
(KJV+) In that he saith,3004 A new2537 covenant, he hath made the first old.3822, 3588, 4413 Now1161 that which decayeth3822 and2532 waxeth old1095 is ready to vanish away.1451, 854
- accept the revelation of what God is saying now in the world right now.
- Rope climbing, rungs of a ladder.
2. Restore a sense of involvement in a body:
- apply to church members
- business associates
- empower the saints for the work of the ministry: Ephesians 4.
- follow – cost of discipleship Mat 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
3. Wage a final warfare versus the spirit of religion
- vision of prison: gates open, guards with rifles no bullets, prisoners in clothing, walking courtyard, fear the wardens, “shouting ‘Hey!’ the gates are open you can go free…”
- rituals and traditions
- people feel safe in a routine
- stay fresh
- snowflakes are original, you are unique
- every meeting unique
4. Redesigning your entire mentality
- new wine versus old wine
- when tasting wine it needs to be “aired” by swirling the glass
- once in your mouth you need to add air – breath of Spirit gives life to the words of the Bible.
- New wineskins required for new wine
- Fasting and prayer helps your renew your wineskin
- Develop a taste for reformation through an ‘overdose of teachings’
- Churches can take up to 2 years to grasp the concept of reform
5. Reality of kingdom perspectives rather than religious practices
- Fight for the kingdom realities of Romans 14:17
- Righteousness: that does not depend on your performance but on your faith in Christ Jesus’ finished performance on the cross.
- Peace that passes understanding, released to you as rejoice in the Lord and through prayer and supplication make your requests known to God. This peace will garrison your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
- joy in the Holy Spirit: not joy in your circumstances, see-saw joy!
6. Enter new dimensions of the Spirit
- in governmental prayer, apostolic decrees based on prophetic intent. An example is Cyrus that fulfilled a prophecy by Isaiah to rebuild and furnish the temple of God in Jerusalem.
- The astounding fact of Isaiah’s prophecy is the naming of Cyrus about a hundred years before Cyrus was born. Isaiah worked during the reigns of Uzziah, also known as Azariah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, all kings of Judah. So he prophesied during a period probably spanning from circa 740 to circa 680. Cyrus ruled from 559-530 BC (Quote from “Major Prophets I & II” part of Miracle Bible College Core Bible Subjects.)
- “Twice named before his birth as anointed of God … predestined to conquer … and to set the Jews free from captivity. “John D. Davis, A Dictionary of the Bible.
- Other kings honoured Cyrus’ decree: “And they built and finished it according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according the command of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.” (Quote from “Historical Books IV” part of Miracle Bible College Core Bible Subjects.)
- Jesus and later the disciples used this principle
7. Purification of ministry & multiplication of leaders
- Hebrews 12:1 “let us lay aside every weight and sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.”
- you are an athlete, remove what hinders you
- leaders that are in submission, know their orbits
- Multiplication of leadership in teams
8. New emphasis on inner issues of faith
– Emphasis on inner reality not outward impressiveness 2 Cor 10:7; Gal. 6:12
– Christ within the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
– train people to hear God’s voice
– still small voice of the Holy Spirit: 1Kings 19:12
– MBC “training students to hear from God with an open Bible…”
9. Open a flow of wealth in church for kingdom purposes
- This principle is not available to people who do not apply the preceding principles.
- Wealth of the Gentiles is laid up for the just: Proverbs 13:22
- Power to generate wealth: Deuteronomy 8:18
- Purpose to establish God’s Covenant
- 2 Chronicles 20:20Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper
- Meditate in God’s word day and night & observe to do all that’s written in it & you will make your way prosperous.
- David prepared abundantly for the building of the temple
- Break a poverty mentality and replace it with a kingdom mindset
10. Globalization of the Church
– Spirit of God is poured out over all flesh
– He is doing the same thing in other areas of the world
– Cornelius of Acts 10 – a divine connection of like spirits
– Do not go if they say to you ‘Christ is here of Christ is there’ Matthew 24:23
Enter the Process of Reformation in your life today.
Remember that Jesus brought about the original reformation, and He will continue to reform us till His return.
Make straight the way of the Lord.
Photo by Joshua Hibbert