Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town
Benefits of God’s Way to Go for our lives.
Isa 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
Isa 48:19 Your descendants also would have been like the sand, And the offspring of your body like the grains of sand; His name would not have been cut off Nor destroyed from before Me.”
Isa 48:20 Go forth from Babylon! Flee from the Chaldeans! With a voice of singing, Declare, proclaim this, Utter it to the end of the earth; Say, “The LORD has redeemed His servant Jacob!”
Isa 48:21 And they did not thirst When He led them through the deserts; He caused the waters to flow from the rock for them; He also split the rock, and the waters gushed out.
1. I Am revealed as your Lord and God and Redeemer. That Redeemer refers to the Oriental law of kinship according to Strong’s Concordance:
‘Redeemer’ – H1350 gâ’al pronounced gaw-al’
a. to redeem according to the Oriental law of kinship,
b. that is, to be the next of kin and as such to buy back a relative’s property, marry his widow
c. Think of Boaz and Ruth – when her husband died Boaz redeemed the right to marry her as the next of kin to prolonging the family name. Boaz and Ruth had Obed, Obed has Jesse and Jesse birthed David. Later Jesus came from that line. Ruth was form Moab and became part of Christ the Redeemer’s lineage.
d. A Redeemer is also an avenger, deliverer,
e. One who purchases, ransoms, redeems another
f. Our Redeemer is our revenger. ‘Vengeance is Mine!’ Says the Lord!
2. He teaches us to profit.
a. To Profit H3276 ‘ya‛al’ Pronounced ‘yaw-al’
i. properly to ascend;
ii. figuratively to be valuable (objective useful, subjective benefited):
iii. set forward,
iv. can do good,
v. be profitable
vi. to have profit
3. He leads us by the Way we should go.
a. Jesus is the Way the truth and the Life. He does not tempt us above what we are able to bear but always makes a way of escape. His Way is the highway of holiness.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
When we heed His Commandments he acts on our behalf like He did for Israel:
4. He gives us Peace like a river.
5. He makes our Righteousness like the waves of the sea by faith in Jesus’ name.
6. The Lord makes our descendants like the sand. We enter Abraham’s Promises for believing in God.
7. Your name will endure. Our name will not be cut off or destroyed – like the Kinsman Redeemer ensures.
8. We leave the oppression of Babylon – worldly captivity to sin and false gods, self-induced exile as a result of sinful lifestyles. We rejoice with singing as we leave the world that seeks to squeeze us into its mould of thinking and behaviour.
9. We will survive and be taken care of through any desert.
10. God will let water flow from the Rock for us in our journey to our promised land. Jesus is that Rock that followed them through the wilderness.
1 Corinthians 10:4 “… and (they) all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.”
Photo by Lili Popper