Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser
Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town. September 2018
Exo 14:13 And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.
Exo 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”
Exo 14:15 And the LORD said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward.
Exo 14:16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
Exo 14:17 And I indeed will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them. So I will gain honor over Pharaoh and over all his army, his chariots, and his horsemen.
Exo 14:18 Then the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gained honor for Myself over Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen.”
Encouragements that propel us forward as a Church
1. Don’t fear.
There are many instances where we see this command yet many choose to ignore it. In order to advance we need ot repent of fear and not allow it to hold us back anymore. Fear is being sacred of something that has not happened, or might not happen at all! Faith in God’s word takes the same energy.
2. Stand Still.
One of David’s mighty men stood still in a lentil field and fought until he killed all the Philistines attacjing him.
2Sa 23:11 And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. The Philistines had gathered together into a troop where there was a piece of ground full of lentils. So the people fled from the Philistines.
2Sa 23:12 But he stationed himself in the middle of the field, defended it, and killed the Philistines. So the LORD brought about a great victory.
3. See the Salvation of the Lord.
Simeon departed in peace when his eyes saw the salvation of the Lord in Luke 2 at Jesus presentation in the temple.
4. You won’t see your enemy again. The memory of your enemy will be wiped off the face of the earth. Remember in the New Testament context that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood.
5. The Lord fights for you. If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
6. You shall hold your peace. We have a peace that passes understanding. The God of peace is with us. But we need to hold our peace when the sense evidence is contrary to our conifessin of faith. Do not speak yourself out of a miracle, out of a job, out of a marriage or relationship. Hold your peace while you build a wall, stand in the gap and make intercession on behalf of the people and operate in kingdom peace until you see the salvation of the Lord.
7. Don’t cry anymore.
There is a time to mourn, but then there is the oil or anointing of joy in believing that should come forward. If it doesn’t you may be holding it back through self-pity and depression. Deal it the lies inside your head and get over the emotions that hold you back and go forward looking to the prize, the joy set before you like Jesus.
8. Go Forward.
There is no turning back praise the Lord – the cross before you and the world behind you!
9. Lift up your rod – that which is in your hand. That which God has used in your life may seem simple but if you use what you have at the order of the King – it has authority and God can channel His provision and power through that to and through you.
10. Stretch out what you do over the nations (Sea) Don’t limit God to your small limitations of thinking. Look to the nations and see how God does a work in your time that even if it were told you, you would not believe it!
11. God hardens the hearts of your enemies to destroy them. Let God deal with your enemies. Too much of our time and energy is wasted on thinking what we can do to vindicate ourselves versus focusing on working the solution within, Christ within the hope of Glory. Channel your energy forward to Jesus.
12. God is honored over our enemies. God gets the glory when people see what you overcame to be successful in your task. There’s no doubt that you could not do it all by yourself! Glory to God! The bigger the challenge, the greater the glory God gests – let’s go forward!